year CPF invites planning students to compete for a number of
scholarships. Scholarships are offered to students enrolled in eligible
planning programs in California.
2016 CPF Scholarship Application Form
are awarded to students seeking to enter the planning profession based
on an application and selection process by the CPF Board. These
scholarships are designed for continuing students entering their final year of an eligible undergraduate or master’s degree program.
Criteria for the scholarships include academic performance, financial
need, increasing diversity in the planning profession, and a commitment
to serve the planning profession in California after graduation. All
scholarships include a one-year APA student membership.
Eligible degree programs include:
- Cal Poly Pomona (BS, Urban and Regional Planning)**
- Cal Poly Pomona (MURP)**
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo (BS, City and Regional Planning)**
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo (MCRP)**
- CSU Channel Islands (BS, Environmental Science and Resources Management)
- CSU Chico (BA, Geography, Option in Human Geography and Planning)
- CSU Fresno (BS, Geography, Option in City & Regional Planning)
- CSU Fullerton (MA, Geography)
- CSU Fullerton (Master of Public Administration)
- CSU Monterey Bay (BA, Environmental Studies, Concentrations in Science for Sustainable Communities and Environmental Education)
- CSU Northridge (BA, Urban Studies & Planning)
- CSU Northridge (MA, Urban Planning)
- Humboldt State University (BS, Environmental Management & Protection, Environmental Planning, Environmental Planning Option)
- Sacramento State University (BA, Geography, Concentration in Metropolitan Area Planning)
- San Diego State University (MCP)
- San Francisco State University (BA, Urban Studies and Planning)
- San Francisco State University (MA, Geography, Concentration in Resources Management and Environmental Planning)
- San José State University (MUP)**
- Sonoma State University (BA/BS, Planning Concentration, Environmental Studies & Planning)
- Stanford University (BA, Urban Studies)
- UC Berkeley (MCP)**
- UC Davis (BA, Community and Regional Development)
- UC Davis (BA, Environmental Policy Analysis and Planning)
- UC Davis (BS, Environmental Science and Management)
- UC Davis (BS, Landscape Architecture)
- UC Davis (BS, Sustainable Environmental Design)
- UC Irvine (BA, Urban Studies)
- UC Irvine (MURP)**
- UCLA (MURP)**
- UCSB (BA/BS, Environmental Studies)
- UCSB Bren School (MESM)
- UCSD (BA, Urban Studies and Planning)
- USC (MPL)**
Programs listed with asterisks are PAB-accredited planning programs.
Some scholarships are limited to only students from those programs.
For questions about the scholarship program, please contact Hilary Nixon, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kelly Main, Ph.D. at email@example.com.